I love the image of herbs drying in a sunny window but a lot of the nutritional value is lost to the rays of the sun. I think freeze drying is great but I am a person that will not remember that there is basil in the freezer. If it isn’t on the spice shelf beside the oregano it doesn’t exist.
This is super easy. Just over an hour and you’re done!
Such an amazing fragrance!
- Basil 😉
- Turn oven on lowest setting.
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Remove basil leaves from stems and place on pan(s) in a single layer.
- Place pans in the oven for one hour.
- Allow basil to cool.
- Crumble and store in an airtight container.
- Store in a cool dry place.